Job Function: This position will work under the direction of the Cafeteria Manager and assist with the cooking, serving, stocking, and cleaning aspects of our cafeteria.
- Clean and inspect kitchen equipment, appliances, and work areas to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
- Apportion and serve food to facility employees or patrons.
- Cook according to menus, special dietary or nutritional restrictions, or numbers of portions to be served.
- Wash pots, pans, dishes, utensils, and other cooking equipment.
- Take inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Plan menus that are varied, nutritionally balanced, and appetizing, taking advantage of foods in season and local availability.
- Assist in monitoring food supplies, kitchen equipment, and appliances, based on estimates of future needs.
- Clean dining area and adjoining bathrooms to health and safety standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience Required: 3 + years of experience in the food industry
Education: Highschool Diploma or GED