Job Function: This position will plan, direct, coordinate, or budget, usually through subordinate supervisory personnel, activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems. They will participate in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversee its organization, scheduling, and implementation.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, or design professionals to discuss and resolve matters, such as work procedures, complaints, or construction problems.
- Plan, schedule, or coordinate construction project activities to meet deadlines.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates, attend job shows, lump-sum bids, progress reports, or cost tracking reports.
- Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with safety codes, environmental regulations, or other regulations.
- Plan, organize, or direct activities concerned with the construction of energy infrastructure facilities.
- Study job specifications, using computer models, to evaluate appropriate construction methods and cost-effectiveness of plans.
- Prepare contracts or negotiate revisions to contractual agreements with clients, suppliers, or subcontractors.
- Develop, implement, and manage quality control and environmental protection programs.
- Implement new or modified plans in response to delays, bad weather, or construction site emergencies. Effectively manage the change order process with customers.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to representatives of the owner or developer, including administrative staff, workers, or clients.
- Perform or contract others to perform prebuilding assessments, such as conceptual cost estimating, rough order of magnitude estimating, feasibility, or energy efficiency, environmental, and sustainability assessments.
- Apply for and obtain all necessary permits or licenses.
- Direct and supervise construction or related workers.
- Determine labor requirements for dispatching workers to construction sites.
- Requisition and/or manage supplies or materials to complete construction projects.
- Ability to solicit subcontractor bids and coordinate subcontractors.
- Other required duties to ensure a successful project.
- Multi-task -The ability to work on several different tasks simultaneously.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Assertiveness – Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
- Safety Awareness – Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written – Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Customer Oriented – Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Honesty / Integrity – Ability to be truthful and credible in the workplace.
- Judgment – The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Leadership – Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete a multitude of assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Project Management – Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
- Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Conflict Resolution – Ability to work with customers to discuss out-of-scope activities and negotiate a successful resolution for the company.
- Flexibility – Ability to travel the United States to oversee projects and customer relationships (travel 33% of the time).
Experience Required: 5+ years of experience in Pipeline, Facility, and/or Renewable Energy project management.
- High School Diploma or GED (Required)
- Associate degree (two-year college or technical school) (Required)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Project/Construction Management (Preferred)
- Project Management Professional (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Project or P6
- Bluebeam (preferred)
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life Insurance, 401K, Vacation, Holiday, and Sick leave.
Castle provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.